Bureau #: 83589 Construction #: 83725 Civil Registration:
Model: SB2C-5 Helldiver Name: None Status: Airworthy Last info: 2011
History: Unknown trade school, Montana, 1960.
- Used as instructional airframe.
Ed Maloney/The Air Museum, Ontario, CA, May 1963-1970.
- Ferried from Montana to Ontario, 1962.
- Displayed in original scheme as NAS Glenview/VA-103. Confederate Air Force/Commemorative Air Force, Harlingen/Midland, TX, 1970-2011.
- Registered as N92879.
- Restored to airworthy, Ontario, CA.
-- Delivered to Harlingen, TX as USN 5, Nov. 1971.
- Crashed after engine failure, Harlingen, TX, August 1985.
-- Rebuilt, returned to airworthy, September 27, 1988.
- Suffered minor damage after ground collision with Cessna 152,
New Orleans-Lakefront, LA, December 8, 2001.
- Flown as USN/83589/32.