Bureau #: 136404
Construction #: ?
Last info: 2006
Delivered to U.S. Navy as 136404.
- BOC: October 10, 1955.
- SOC: April 1, 1982.
- Accepted at Bethpage, NY.
- Assigned to VS-39 "Hoot Owls", NAS Quonset Point, RI, early November 1955.
-- Deployed aboard USS Antietam CVS-36 and USS Leyte CVS-32.
- Transferred to VS-32 "Norseman", NAS Quonset Point, RI, July 1959.
-- Deployed aboard USS Wasp CVS-18 and USS Lake Champlain CVS-39.
- Rebuilt as US-2B, Naval Rework Depot, NAS Pensacola, FL, 1965-1966.
-- ASW equipment removed.
- Assigned to NAS Jacksonville as station aircraft, April 5, 1966.
- Transferred to NAS Cecil Field, FL, Feb. 5, 1971.
- Transferred back NAS Jacksonville, Nov. 13, 1974.
- Assigned to VC-2 "Blue Falcons", NAS Oceana, VA, Nov. 11, 1976.
- WFU and delivered to MASDC, Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ, May 17, 1978.
- Final record shows total flight time as 8258 hours with 1243 landings.
CAF/Commemorative Air Force, Midland, TX, May 2002-2006.
- Registered as N5234A, Sept. 18, 2002.
- Assigned to Old Dominion Squadron, Chesapeake, VA.
- Rebuild to airworthy.
Navy Historian/Naval Aviation History Branch, Washington, DC via CAF/Commemorative Air Force
Federal Aviation Administration, www.faa.gov, Washington D.C., 2006.
Timothy Cox Photography.
Chuck Gardner - Warbirds Resource Group, www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org, 2003