Serial #: 41-16320
Last info: 2007
Ordered by USAAC with order #W535 ac-15977, Oct. 1, 1940.
Built by North American at Dallas, TX.
Delivered to USAAC as 41-16320.
- BOC: Jan. 10, 1942.
- SOC: Oct. 3, 1945
- Allocated to Luke Field, Phoenix, AZ, Jan. 13, 1942.
Damaged during wheels up landing, May 5, 1942.
Flown by Air Cadet Chia-Hua Chang, Chinese Air Force.
- Transferred to WFTC, Roswell Army Air Field, Roswell, NM, July 1, 1942.
- Transferred to Higley Field, Sept. 6, 1942.
- Transferred to WFTC, Roswell Army Air Field, Roswell, NM, Dec. 2, 1942.
- Transferred to Higley Field, Dec. 3, 1942.
- Transferred to EFTC, Harlingen Army Air Field, TX, March 1943.
- Transferred to Mather Field, Sacramento, CA, Apr. 10, 1943.
- Transferred to EFTC, Las Vegas Army Air Field, NV, Apr. 10, 1943.
- Transferred to Randolph Field, 2532 Base Unit, Station 8398, CFTC, Oct. 6, 1943.
- Transferred to Kaufman County AP, Terrel, TX, 2564 Base Unit, Station 8631, CFTC, July 26, 1944.
- Transferred to Kirtland Field, Albuquerque, NM, 4160 Base Unit, Station 8302, CFTC, Sept. 15, 1944.
- Struck off charge, Oct. 3, 1945.
Delivered to FA Portuguesa as 1620, 19??.
Euroworld International Ltd, Biggin Hill, UK, Mar. 28, 1979.
- Registered as G-TIDE.
- Sold to USA, Apr. 16, 1980.
Drew Wigley, Dallas, TX, April 17, 1980.
Jimmie R. McMillan, Breckenridge, TX, May, 1980.
- Registered as N3762J.
Robert E. Richeson, Graham, TX, 1984-1990.
- Registered as N42DQ, Aug. 1989.
- Flew as race #42/"Dairy Queen Blizzard".
Wells Oil Field Services, Graham, TX, March 27, 1990.
William P. Lear Jr, Los Altos Hills, CA, Sept. 1990-1992.
- Registered as N77TX.
Gregory Hiser/Aero Concepts Inc, Wichita, KS, March 23, 1993-1995.
C & B Aero Plain Co, Eden Prairie, MN, Feb. 1, 1996-2007.
Goodall, Geoff - Warbirds Directory-4th Edition, 2003.
Federal Aviation Administration, www.faa.gov, 2007.
Photo Source(s): |
William T. Larkins
Wings Of The North