Serial #: SM845
Model: FR Mk.XVIIIe
Last info: 2002
Built at Chattis Hill, 1945.
Delivered to RAF as SM845, 19??.
- Allocated to 39 MU, May 30, 1945.
- Transferred to 46 MU, Dec. 1945.
- Shipped to Karachi, arriced Feb. 28, 1946.
- Transferred to South East Asia Air Command, Feb. 28, 1946.
Delivered to Indian AF as HS 687, Dec. 31, 1947
- In active service until late 1950s.
- Used as Airfield decoy at Kalaikunda AB, early 1970s.
Ormond & Wensley Haydon-Bailli, Duxford, 1977-1978.
- Recovered from Kalaijunda AB, India, 1977.
Marshall Moss & Richard A. Boolootian, Lancaster, CA, 1978-1981.
- Shipped unrestored from UK to California, 1978.
- Stored, crated, Lancaster-Fox Field, CA, 1978-1980.
David C. Tallichet/MARC, Chino, CA, circa 1981-1987.
- Restoration started, Tulsa, OK (later Casper, WY).
Adrian Reynard, Kidlington, UK, 1988-1992.
- Shipped to UK for completion of restoration.
Adrian J. Reynard/Reynard Racing/Park Avenue Investments Ltd, Witney, Oct. 1992-1997.
- Restored Audley End, UK, 1992-2000.
- Registered as G-BUOS.
Historic Flying Ltd, Audley End, Essex, UK, 1997-2002.
- Restoration completed.
- First flight, July 7, 2000.
- Currently for sale.
- Flown as SM845/GZ-J.
Chapman, John & Goodall, Geoff, Edited by Paul Coggan - Warbirds Directory,Warbirds Worldwide Ltd., Mansfield, England, 1989.
Goodall, Geoff - Warbirds Directory-4th Edition, 2003.
Federal Aviation Administration, www.faa.gov, Washington D.C., 2006.
Photo Source(s): |