Serial #: PM631
Model: PR Mk. XIX
Last info: 2006
Built by Vickers-Armstrong at Reading, UK, late 1945.
Possibly delivered to 203 Advanced Flying School May 1949-Jan. 1950.
- Stored until July 1951.
Delivered to Short Brothers at Hooten Park, July 2nd, 1951.
- Assigned to Meteorological Research Flight.
- MRF moved to Woodvale, July 13th, 1951.
- Used for temperature and humidity flights until June 1957.
Battle Of Britain Memorial Flight, 1957-2006.
- Delivered on June 14, 1957.
- Loaned to Central Fighter Establishment in 1964 for use against BAe Lightnings.
- Flown in movie Battle of Britain in 1968.
Chapman, John & Goodall, Geoff, Edited by Paul Coggan - Warbirds Directory,Warbirds Worldwide Ltd., Mansfield, England, 1989.
Goodall, Geoff - Warbirds Directory-4th Edition, 2003.
Federal Aviation Administration, www.faa.gov, Washington D.C., 2006.
Photo Source(s): |
Nigel Roling - Pentavia Digital Imaging