Serial #: PL965
Model: PR Mk. XI
Last info: 2005
Built at Aldermaston, 1944.
Delivered to RAF as PL965.
- BOC: Oct. 1944 at RAF Cosford.
- Accepted by 9 MU for installation of service equipment.
- Allocated to 1 PRU at RAF Benson.
- Transfered to 34 Wing/2nd Tactical Air Force/16 Squadron.
-- Flew 33 sorties accumulating 75 hours 25 minutes.
Delivered to Royal Netherlands AF, July 8, 1947.
- Instructional airframe at RNAF School Of Technical Training, Deelen AFB, July 22, 1947-1952.
- Displayed at Deelen AB, 1952-1960.
National War & Resistance Museum, Overloon AB, Nov. 1960-1986.
- Displayed as RNAF "3-W".
E. Nick Grace, Chichester, UK, Mar. 1987.
- Swapped for Spitfire.
Chris Horsley/Medway Aircraft Preservation Society, 1987-1989.
- Arrived at Rochester for rebuild, Feb. 1987.
Chris Horseley, Chichester, Nov. 1989-1997.
- Registered as G-MKXI.
- Rebuild complete.
- First flight, at Rochester Airport, Dec. 23, 1992.
- Flew as USAAF/PL965/R.
- Operated by Old Flying Machine Company, Duxford, 1993-1995.
Robert A. Fleming & Anthony J.E. Smith/The Real Aeroplane Company, Breighton, July 6, 1997-2002.
- Flown in pink scheme.
- Damaged during landing, Woodchurch, Aug. 2, 1998.
- Shipped to USA, Sept. 2001.
First flight, Bartow, Oct. 19, 2001.
- Based Leward Air Ranch, FL.
Robert Fleming/Spitfires Inc, Wilmington, DE, Aug. 20, 2002.
- Registered as N965RF.
Hangar 11 Collection, North Weald, Essex, England, 2004-2005.
Chapman, John & Goodall, Geoff, Edited by Paul Coggan - Warbirds Directory,Warbirds Worldwide Ltd., Mansfield, England, 1989.
Goodall, Geoff - Warbirds Directory-4th Edition, 2003.
Chuck Gardner - Warbirds Resource Group, www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org, 2003
Nigel Roling - Pentavia Digital Imaging, http://website.lineone.net/~roling46/, 2002
Han De Ridder.