Serial #: EP120
Model: LF Mk. Vb
Last info: 2002
Built at Castle Bromwich.
Delivered to RAF as EP120, 19??.
- Delivered to 45 MU at Kinloss, May 23, 1942.
- Assigned to 501 Squadron, Ibsley, Hampshire, June 4, 1942.
-- Flown as SD-L.
-- Credited with additional six victories at hands of Sqn. Ldr. Geoffrey Northcott.
-- Damaged in accident in ground collision with Spitfire AB403, July 16, 1942.
-- Repaired at Castle Bromwich.
-- Recoded SD-Y, returned to service Aug. 14, 1942.
-- Flew three sorties during Operation Jubilee.
--- Credited with Do 217 while flown by Wg Cdr Pat Gibbs.
- Transferred to 19 Squadron at Cornwall.
- Transferred to RCAF.
-- Assigned to 402 Squadron.
RAF St. Athan, July 13, 1945-1950.
- Instructional airframe and later gate guard.
RAF Wilmslow, 1955-1960.
- Gate guard as "5377M".
RAF Bircham Newton, 1962.
- Gate Guard.
RAF Boulmer, 1964-1967.
- Gate guard.
RAF Henlow, 1967-1968.
- Used in static scenes in movie "Battle Of Britain", 1968.
RAF Wattisham, Suffolk, UK, 1968-1969.
- Gate guard.
RAF St. Atham, South Wales, Jan. 30, 1989-1993.
- Stored pending disposal.
The Fighter Collection, Duxford, UK, Jan. 1993-1994
Patina Ltd/The Fighter Collection, Duxford, UK, May 9, 1994-2002.
- Registered as G-LFVB.
- Restored by Historic Flying, Audley End.
- First flight Sept. 12, 1995.
- Flew in movie "Pearl Harbor", 2000.
- Flown as EP120/AE-A.