Serial #: 43-3318
Last Info: 2003
Ordered by RAF as KL161 but diverted to RCAF.
Delivered to RCAF as KL161.
- BOC: Jan. 19, 1945.
- SOC: Feb. 12, 1962.
Joe E. Goldney, Vancouver, BC, Feb. 1962.
- Acquired from Crown assets disposal, Feb. 1962.
- Ferry permit granted for flight from Claresholm AB to Vancouver, Feb. 1962.
- Registered as CF-OGQ.
Sports Air Inc, Seattle, WA, Mar. 1966.
- Registered as N88972.
North Star Aviation Corp, Fairbanks, AK, 1969.
- River sanding/fire retardant tank installed, Aug. 1967.
Colco Aviation, Fairbanks, AK, April 1969-1972.
- Retired firebomber.
- Stored at Fairbanks, AK, 1977-1981.
Noel Merrill Wien, Anchorage, AK/Kent, WA, May 1980-1987.
Robert J. Pond, Plymounth, MN, Oct. 1987-1995.
- Operated by The Fighter Collection.
The Fighter Collection, Duxford, UK, Nov. 7, 1987-2003.
- Flown as KL161/VO/Grumpy.
- Registered as G-BYDR by Patina Ltd/The Fighter Collection, Mar. 22, 1999.
Chapman, John & Goodall, Geoff, Edited by Paul Coggan - Warbirds Directory,Warbirds Worldwide Ltd., Mansfield, England, 1989.
Goodall, Geoff - Warbirds Directory-4th Edition, 2003.
The Fighter Collection, www.fighter-collection.com