WARBIRD REGISTRY > PRIVATEER REGISTRY > PREVIOUS PAGE
Bureau #: 59876
Unknown (527th built)
Last info: 2002
Manufactered by Consolidated Vultee Aircraft, San Diego, CA, 19??.
Accepted by U.S. Navy, April 27, 1945.
Delivered to U.S. Navy as Bu. 59876, August 1, 1945.
- BOC: Aug. 1, 1954.
- SOC: Jan. 1953.
- Assigned to Patrol Bombing Squadron 197, Camp Kearny N.A.A.S (NAS Miramar)., Sept. 1945.
-- Used for transitional training.
- Assigned to Weather Reconnaissance Sq.1. (VPW-1), Dec. 1945.
- Assigned to HEDRON 2, (FAW-14), March 1946.
-- Repaired at NAS Corpus Christi, July 1946.
- Storage at Litchfield Park, AZ, Sept. 1946.
-- 371 hours total flight time. In storage for 6 years.
- Retired from U.S. Navy and converted to S.A.R. configuration, desginated PBY-2G, Sept. 18 1952.
-- Repainted in U.S.C.G. colors.
Delivered to U.S.C.G, Jan. 1953.
- Assigned to USCG Air Station Barbers Point, Hawaii, Feb 1953.
-- Deployed to Wake Island and Guam.
- Stored at NAS Litchfield Park, AZ., Feb. 1954.
-- Total airframe flight time, 736 hours
Lysdale Flying Service, St. Paul, MN, Dec. 27, 1957.
- Acquired for $6,600.
- Registered as N6813D.
Cisco Aircraft, Lancaster, CA, Dec. 1957.
- Used for aerial spraying.
Sun Valley Insurance Agency, Burbank, CA, Nov. 30, 1961.
National City Aircraft Leasing, Chicago, IL Dec. 9, 1961.
Multiple Owners, Jan. 29 - Feb. 28, 1965.
Loening Air Inc., Boise, ID, Feb. 1965.
Cal-Nat Airways, Grass Valley, CA, Apr. 1967.
- Derelict and stripped of engines by Sept. 1967.
Hawkins & Powers, Greybull, WY, Nov. 25, 1969.
- Acquired for $6,600.
- Converted to firebomber.
- Modified to use Wright R-2600 engines.
- Flew as A25, B25 and 125.
- Crashed and heavily damaged at Port Hardy, BC, Aug. 8, 1975.
-- Crashed caused by fuel exhaustion on landing approach.
-- A/C ran off runway into bay, no injuries.
-- Recovered by bulldozer Aug. 11, 1975.
- Written off, insurance settlement amounted to $142,500.
Airplane Supply Centre, Vancouver B.C, 1975.
Canadian Museum of Flight and Transportation, Richmond, BC, 1975.
- Remained derelict at airport, 1975-1981.
- Sold to unknown company, and scrapped (chopped into sections for transport).
Yankee Air Force, Belleville, MI, Apr. 1986-2002.
- Anonymous donor.
- Arrived in 11 sections, heavily damaged.
- Restored to static display condition.
Andreas Gehrs-Pahl, 1995.
Mike R. Henniger
WARBIRD REGISTRY > LIBERATOR REGISTRY > PREVIOUS PAGE